Regional Conference on Advancing Non-Conventional Water Resources Management in the Mediterranean, 14-15 September 2011, Athens, Greece
The Regional Conference on Advancing Non-Conventional Water Resources Management in the Mediterranean, 14-15 September 2011, Athens, Greece, aimed:
- To provide a platform for multi-stakeholder dialogue on priorities and needed synergies for advancing non-conventional water resources management in the Mediterranean, including within the political frameworks of the European Neighborhood Policy, the Union for the Mediterranean, the Barcelona Convention, the League of Arab States, etc.
- To elaborate in particular on the role of the private sector in advancing the agenda of non conventional water resources.
- To share best practices and lessons learned from local applications in the Mediterranean region.
- To brainstorm on ideas for regional, sub-regional or trans-national projects in NCWR in the Mediterranean.
- To discuss ways to enhance awareness raising, stakeholders' involvement and pilot application, including through corporate social responsibility programmes.