- Impact and Evaluation Missions
The project is carrying out an impact and evaluation mission of the pilot projects in Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt and Jordan for the whole duration of the project (since 2012). The mission is carried out by the project’s implementing partners with the objective to analyse the socio-economic and environmental impacts of Sustain Water Med pilot activities as well as the achievement of overall project goals and indicators. Two missions in Jordan and Tunisia were conducted in September and October 2014, the Morocco mission was conducted from 10 - 14 November 2014 and the one in Egypt is scheduled for February 2015.
For the mission agenda please click here.
- SWIM Sustain Water MED Regional Conference on " Sustainable Integrated Wastewater Treatment and Reuse" Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt, 1-2 Dec 2014
From 1-2 December the project organized a regional conference in Sharm El Sheikh - Egypt, addressing the latest and most pertinent issues regarding non-conventional water resources.
150 professionals from more than 11 EU and MENA countries attended the conference.
The event enabled the exchange and dissemination of knowledge on engineering best practices, successful case studies, and innovative solutions in the field of non-conventional water resources management. It became a platform bringing together water professionals, policymakers, private institutions, industry leaders, experts, consultants, regulators, academics, and practitioners.
The conference related documents are available here
- SWIM Sustain Water MED 5th Regional Meeting
The meeting brought together the SWIM-Sustain Water MED teams from Jordan, Morocco, Egypt and Tunisia, the partners ENEA and adelphi and the project’s coordination team from Amman/Jordan. A representative from the EU Delegation in Cairo attended the meeting in addition to the evaluation consulting team. (Click here)
The meeting aimed at:
- Receiving feedback from all partner countries on activities carried out since the 4th Regional Meetingin June 2014 in Rabat/Morocco
- Establishing common ground on the progress of finalizing the compendium and assessment of project social and environmental impacts
- Getting the feedback of the project’spartners on open questions in regards to the evaluation process, such as on the regional approach of SWIM-Sustain Water MED, the cause for the delays in the construction of pilot plants in some partner countries and prospects of pilot sustainability and replicability
- Gaining insights into the current status of the ongoing evaluation of SWIM-Sustain Water MED and into the preliminary findings of the teams
- Reviewing and finalizing plans for scheduled activities until September 2015
- Exchanging ideas and experiences among the project’steam
- First E-Learning Training course on Sector Governance in Urban Sanitation
The first E-Learning training course on sector governance in urban sanitation of SWIM-Sustain Water MED was conducted from 03 Nov – 15 Dec 2014.
The topics of the training focused on the sustainable sanitation aspects, sanitation financing, institutional aspects and sanitation networks. Around 50 participants attended successfully the training course representing Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, and Palestine. The second E-Learning training course is scheduled for Feb-March 2015 for total duration of 6 weeks (Click Here).